Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Run 'n Stuff

So I'm running a marathon in January... ok, a half marathon. Still quite overwhelming seeing as I haven't been running in about a year. Until today that is. I went out today after work with Stella, my dog. We're starting with Couch to 5K and in 9 weeks will (hopefully) be starting Jeff Galloway's 1/2 Marathon program.

 Stella can't run with me in January - did I mention this run will be at Disneyland? Woo Hoo! - but my sister, Gail, and our friend, Nicole, will be. In fact, Gail has graciously paid my entry fee as I'm all poor and barely unemployed and whatnot...

 In an effort to keep myself motivated and accountable, I thought I'd start chronicling my training experiences here. This summer may be a bit tricky, I'm working a temp job with no consistency of scheduling but I can't afford to wait til fall, so I'll just be fitting in runs as best I can. Come fall, things should get easier. I already have running time worked into my school schedule and I can't wait to check out the new (to me) track and fitness center at my college!

 It may not be the most exciting or interesting blog ever, but if you do stop by to read please leave comments now and then to keep me going. Knowing people are watching will guilt me into not giving up if all else fails!

3 comments:

  1. hey girl it's megan haney :) i'll be reading and cheering you on! i'm in LA, let me know when you head down here please! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan!! I want to set aside an entire day for you while we're there, maybe more =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds perfect! miss and love :) xo

    ReplyDelete