Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My First Race!

I signed up for my first race! With my mom even! Yay!!


Our local running shop is hosting a women's 5k run/walk on the 12th and we officially registered this morning. I can't wait! It will come right at the end of Week 7, a week of 25 minute runs with no walk breaks. So I may not be ready to jog the entire 5k, but I feel confident I can finish and maybe run the majority of the distance. If you're in the NorCal area, you should come run with us! Check out the info at Fleet Feet Sports.

Today was Week 6 Day 1, the plan was 5 3 8 3 5 with the 3's being walk breaks. Not a very exciting run but no problems, so successful. 2.6 mi at 12'49 pace.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun at your first race! I love races, they just have so much energy to them, you can't help but get rededicated to running :)

    ReplyDelete