Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Busy As A...

I haven't been great about running these past two weeks. I think I only got in two runs last week and two this week - in my defense I have also had 4 hours of dance classes each week and LOTS of walking around campus. The real problem is, I finished the C25K program and haven't yet started my half marathon training plan so I've been left on my own with no schedule to follow. Is that a lazy excuse? Perhaps. I'm just a person who needs a plan to follow and left to my own devices, apparently I flounder, oh well. Good news is my half training plan kicks in this week. I'm going to be following Jeff Galloway's plan, two 30 minute runs during the week and long runs on the weekend. So ideally my weeks will look like this:

Mon: 30 min. run
Tues: 2 hrs dance classes
Wed: 30 min. run
Thurs: 2 hrs dance classes
Fri: rest day
Sat: long run
Sun: rest day

I'm really hoping that my work and homework schedules let me stick to this plan, keep your fingers crossed for me! I had forgotten how exhausting school can be, maybe I was too ambitious with 6 classes and a part-time job? How do you keep calm and stress-free when your schedule gets overwhelming?

No comments:

Post a Comment