Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

No Rest for the Weary

I've been so terrible about keeping up, the half marathon came and went - recap coming hopefully soon. It was a blast and I highly recommend a Disney race to anyone who is starting out. Everyone was so friendly and social, there was no pressure to be fast or hardcore or anything.

The new semester started pretty much as soon as I got home for Anaheim. This Spring I'm tackling Anatomy, American Government, some more Chemistry and Dance Workshop. I think it's gonna be lots of fun, so far my instructors are all very good lecturers, easy to follow and seem to really enjoy what they teach. Also I have at least one friend in every class so I don't feel quite so new and awkward anymore!

The downside is that my schedule is a little odd. I only have class three days a week, but they are looooooong days. I'm talking 14 hrs! Tonight is the end of my first school week and the third day in a row I have gotten up at 6:30am and gone to bed after 10:30pm. I'm really looking forward to sleeping in a bit tomorrow morning, but I don't want to get into a habit of sleeping late on non-school days. What's the best way to adjust to a schedule like this? I don't ever work early on my non-school days so I don't really want to wake up at 6:30 every morning but I also don't want to be exhausted Tuesday through Thursday... any suggestions?

More running-related posts to come, I promise! Til then, sweet dreams!

1 comment:

  1. Wake up early and go run instead of class. Take a nap in the afternoon.

    -Gail

    ReplyDelete