Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 1 Highlights

I survived the first week back to school!!!
Here's a quick rundown:

  • 7:30 AM classes = yuck! Especially because one is a boring physiology lecture and the other is a weight training class, neither is my cup of tea. 
  • I made the cut in ballet, I feel like a legit dancer now, haha! Ok, it's advanced beginner so I won't get too cocky but he likes to be tough and so I'm proud nonetheless.
  • I've got a job interview! At the beginning of the semester I had interviewed for a position before the one I'm currently working at. They remembered me and emailed last Friday to see if I'd like to come work in a newly created position. I said yes, so long as they're willing to work around my classes and my current job. They asked me to come in still, so fingers crossed I will soon be earning twice the income!
  • AND in running news, I signed up for a 5K. It's not til May so I have plenty of time to figure out a "training schedule." I know I could just walk it or whatever but I'd like to do more. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss running… so I want to fit it into my life again somehow and this 5K seemed like a low pressure (low cost) motivator.
I've got a few exciting crafty things in progress that I'm looking forward to sharing with you soon, and Gypsy rehearsals will be kicking off at the end of this week. For now, my bed is calling to me, we've got an early wake-up tomorrow!

2 comments: