Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Half Marathons and Hip Pain

Today I began the Jeff Galloway Half Marathon program. A 30 minute run, nothing special or exciting. I also walked about 2.7 mi with my mom after my run. I'm excited about the long weekend runs ahead of me, looking forward to exploring new routes and really pushing myself.

Before I can run too many miles though, I need to figure out what is wrong with my hips. After Saturday's run and again today I have had some fairly major pain in both hips, focused mostly on the posterior of the joint - sort of the upper, outer corner of each butt cheek. I doesn't hurt while I'm running but for mot of the day after, especially when standing after sitting for a long time and when climbing stairs. I've done some internet research and can't find anything that really fits my symptoms. Any ideas what might be going on? Have you had similar pain, know an stretches or exercises I should be doing? Being poor and without health insurance, I hope to troubleshoot this myself, let's keep our fingers crossed that it's nothing major!

I hope you're having a wonderful Labor Day, I am certainly enjoying my extra day off!

2 comments:

  1. U may need an alignment, I had the same exact problem when I was preggers and one of the physical therapist at my job just did some wired leg things and popped it back into place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm afraid of... maybe I can get some free care from my Athletic Training teacher!

      Delete