Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Back to School Cheers and Jeers

I'm halfway through my first week back, yay! Because of our apartment situation it has been a bit unconventional but exciting just the same.

The Good:
Dancing, lots and lots of dancing! I'm taking three dance classes, two of which are getting right into things. Tuesday my Afro-Carribbean class was doing across the floor work! Because that class satisfies some Gen Ed requirements, there are a lot of non-dancers in the class. This is awesome cause it makes me look better right off the bat and I won't feel so self-conscious when we get into more difficult work. We start tapping today in another class and I'm super excited for that! I am a little nervous about my knee, especially in tap class, but have been researching taping techniques so hopefully I'll be ok.

The Bad:
I left my apt. at 7:30 AM for a 9:00 AM class that's 1.5 mi away. I did manage to get a decent parking spot for my efforts though. I'm hoping to bike to school more often than not so I don't expect this'll be a problem for long, but I know I'll be exhausted by the time I go to bed tonight!

The Ugly:
I am a bit nervous about ballet class - they're going with the traditional leo and tights uniform and I'm very uncomfortable with that... don't lecture me about loving my curves or any of that nonsense, I will be self-consicous anyway. Does Spanx make pink tights and black leos? Hmmm...


The Wine & Dine Half Marathon is only 10 weeks away, I've got to get my butt in gear and start running again! Does anyone know of good running routes near CSUS I should try? I know there must be plenty. Maybe by the next time I write, I'll have some actual running related news to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment