Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

I'm Not Great at Humility

Last week was so great, I've just got to brag a little...

So I'm trying this new thing where I don't eat all the junk I want or get lazy and just buy fast food. After LOTS of thinking, pinning, and honest-to-God soul searching, I went to the grocery store with a list of foods I will not only be able to prepare but will actually want to eat. And I did (prepare and eat them that is)! It may be a small step, but a step is a step nonetheless and I'm very proud so far.

Then I'm trying really hard to not be the awkwardly shy kid in all my classes. You may or may not know that I don't like most people, I don't like talking to strangers, and I don't like being the center of attention (those of you who knew 11 year old me are shocked, I know... people change). So I tend to hang toward the back of the classroom and keep my mouth shut - even though I pretty much always know the answer. I usually get lucky and find one or two outgoing and intelligent souls who will strike up the conversation for me. This happened in one of my dance classes and that darling lady inspired me to try being the outgoing one for a change. As a result, I now have sort-of friends in almost all my classes! This is, again, a small step but one that is pretty major for me so yay!

If that wasn't enough, I got moved to the front row in ballet class - he puts the best dancers up front so the less experienced can follow us, I got hired as an office assistant on campus, I found out there is an indoor running track on campus - maybe I'll start taking my shoes to get some miles in after work, and my sister and brother-in-law are making me an aunt next Spring! So, yeah, an awesome week. Let's hope it's keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment