Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Final Final #42daysofvacation

Had my last final of the semester this morning. It went much better than expected… I think. I won't know for sure until grades are posted but I'm optomistic.

I spent most of the day yesterday studying and getting notes gathered - it was an open note, open book, open internet exam - which meant no need to get dressed.

I'm all about comfort in fashion and PJ's are the most comfortable clothes (if your PJ's aren't comfy, you're doing it wrong!) Also, those handmade little slippers are one of my favorite things ever. In fact, my toes were so happy, they inspired me to start another pair:
I think these ones will get bows instead of buttons. No reason why comfy can't also be cute, right?!

I also made another square for my "in it for the long haul" afghan:
I started this a while ago, someday it will be a giant blanket fit for a king (sized bed) but I love that it's a project I can work on little by little without having to worry about losing my place or anything. I just chose a yarn and colors that I love and scoured the internet for various granny square patterns and when I have a good stack, I'll start stitching them together. I thought it would be a fun group project, so if any of you crochet or are looking for a reason to learn, let me know! I can provide you with links to tips, tricks, and patterns and give you the info on the yarn I'm using and if you live near me, we can crochet together over a pot of tea! I just think it would be so amazing to someday sit around with my kids/nieces and nephews and tell them stories about all the friends and family represented in my afghan… OK, that sounds more like something you torture your grandkids with, but you get the idea!


So now that I'm officially on vacation it's time to wrap some gifts and get ready to head home for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment