Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

2 Miles!

Thanks once again to Pinterest, I discovered the most awesome collection of playlists designed specifically for C25K! They've got 4-8 choices for each week of the program, each with different genres of music and all with voice prompts to tell you when to walk or run and even some encouragement at halfway and the last minute. I'm madly in love! No more looking at my watch every few seconds, stressing that it's not time to stop yet. In fact, since I found these playlists I haven't even worn my watch. Oh, the best part? They're free to download, no signing up for anything. My favorites so far have been the Aerosmith playlists, they're mostly live tracks so its like a private concert for you as you run along. Check it out here: www.c25kplaylists.com

Yesterday was Week 6 Day 2, 10r/3w/10r. It was rough, the first day I really haven't enjoyed my run in a while. I finished and all, but felt pretty bleah about it in the end. Today I went back out and ran Day 3, a 25 minute run with no break. It was so much better! Maybe it was the weather, maybe it was for no good reason but I'm glad I did it because I don't feel quite so bad about yesterday now. Also, I ran for 25 whole minutes - 2 miles! At the halfway point I was considering a walk break, my knee was bothering me a bit, but my breathing was so good I didn't want to risk breaking my stride. I was able to talk myself out of the break and the pain worked itself out after a bit, thankfully. I do this weird meditation thing when I'm running, I'll explain in another post, but I'm glad it continues to work  for me so I can spend today reveling in my accomplishment! 2 miles!

1 comment: