Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

A Pat on the Back

Today starts Week 7 of C25K. I'd like to take a moment to pat myself on the back for making it this far. I'm so proud that I've made this commitment to run, that I've stuck with it for seven weeks, and that I am still enjoying it. I think having a plan like C25K to follow has really helped, each week I increase my time and so each week I have accomplished something new.

Week 7 is three days of 25 minute runs with no walk breaks, just 5 minute warm up and cool down. Due to some technical difficulties, my inability to successfully count, and anxiety over my upcoming race, I actually ran 31 minutes today. Along with my warm up, it made for a 36' 5K. I'm pretty psyched about that and it helped to ease my anxiety a bit. If I can run the same on Sunday, I will be happy. (Although I do hope to eliminate the 5 minutes of walking and run the whole distance, we'll see.)

Don't forget to be your own cheerleader, even the smallest accomplishments merit acknowledgement!

No comments:

Post a Comment