Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Running and Releves

You know what doesn't go together so well? Running and releves. You guys my calves are KILLING me! I really need to get better about stretching after my runs, I've been focusing so much on flexibility in my hips but not so much on the rest of my leg. On a happy note, both my dance teachers complimented my turnout today so I guess I'm doing something right. Also, I love ballet! I don't know that I'm any good at it but I am having so much fun, it really doesn't matter.

Yesterday was my longest run (without a walk break) at 25 minutes in a very long time. For some reason I'm having a hard time controlling my breathing lately. It doesn't take long for me to get out of breath, but I know my pace hasn't sped up or anything odd. Maybe it's the cooler weather? Has that ever happened to you, things are going along fine and then you seem to regress for no clear reason? How did you work through it? It's such a mental struggle to not let this ruin my motivation.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem with my breathing. I was great and then, BAM!, no breath control. I've been shut in due to the weather lately, and my ribs are healing from the coughing so I'll let you know how it goes for me. Keep it up you are now inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete