Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Seven Miles

I hit a new milestone today, seven miles! That's more than half of a half marathon, y'all. I'm not pleased at how much walking I had to do, but my overall pace was 13'08" and as long as I can stay under 16' I'm okay with it... for now. And I'm too busy being psyched at finishing seven miles to be too disappointed anyway!
Today was also the first time I ran with a water bottle. I borrowed my Mom's amphipod, a water bottle with a padded handle/pocket. It was great having water along the way, especially since I had to run after noon, but I really didn't like having to carry it the whole time. On the other hand, I'm not sure I want to rock the fanny pack holster. How do you hydrate during your runs? Do you prefer belt packs or handhelds? Or are there other options I haven't even considered yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment