Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

The dog days are over...

This morning, after our AM walk and breakfast, I had so much energy and I knew the beautiful 63º weather wouldn't last so I headed out the door for a solo run. I went 2.4mi at an average pace of 12'59" per mile, a good 2 minutes faster than I had been averaging! I know part of it had to do with the lack of dog, she wasn't there to stop and sniff or try to veer off to the sidewalk. I love her to bits and tiny pieces but her heart is not in this training the way mine is. From now on, I think I'll run solo more often and make extra time for walks with her instead.

I also have to credit my revamped playlist however. I stumbled upon jog.fm the other day (thanks again Pinterest!). The website and app are made to help you find the right songs to workout to. You input your goal time or BPM and they generate a list of songs for you. The app is just for iPhones so I don't know how well it works, I do know it is not a streaming music app however, it pulls songs from your own iTunes library. Using their suggestions, I went through my library and rearranged some things. I have found my most comfortable jog to be at 160 BPM so packed my playlist full of all the songs I own at that tempo. Obviously it helped my keep my speed up throughout the workout.

Once again I added and extra jog at the end of my session. I ran a continuous 7.5 minutes, longest so far, at a sub-11'/mi pace. Not too shabby!


1 comment: