Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

You say spoiled, I say so what!

I have a crockpot that I am madly in love with. Seriously, this is the best invention ever (after peanut butter eggs) especially for people like me who are so completely inept in the kitchen. When Stella and I decided to move to CA, I told her I would start making her food at home. She has a stomach of iron but is always itchy and sneezy. My hope is that getting her away from mass produced, preservative-ridden kibble will help eliminate some of that.

Today I finally made good on that promise. I got out my trusty crockpot, gathered my ingredients and got to cooking dumping stuff. I got my inspiration here, but made a few modifications based on what we had around the house. I'm not yet bloggy enough to have remembered to take pictures or anything, maybe next time... but it appears to have been successful. Stella inhaled her dinner and licked her bowl totally clean in record time.

Stella's Dinner:

1 cup cooked rice
1lb ground beef
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 can pumpkin
a large handful of baby carrots
1.5 cups water mixed with approx. 1 tbsp. chicken bouillon

Throw it all in the crockpot, mix it all up and cook on low for about 6 hours. After it was done, I portioned it out into some Tupperware cups and popped them in the freezer and fridge. So easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment