Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Strike Up The Band

Once upon a time, not so long ago, my mom was an aerobics instructor. She started out way back in the 80's, rocking the Jazzercise and Trampoline. She moved her way up to Step Aerobics and eventually helped pioneer the Aqua Aerobics craze. Lucky for me, she still has a lot of her music from those classes, and even luckier, some of it is on CD. Yesterday I had a day off from work so I spent some time going through those discs, expanding my workout choices at no cost.


Today's run was powered by MGM.

One of the CDs I found was Movie Themes PowerTunes, awesome! Can I tell you how awesome it is to be jogging along, wishing it were just a few degrees cooler and that you hadn't gone for that extra drumstick at dinner, when a turbo charged Imperial March comes on! Super awesome! Near the end of our second long (3 min) jog section, just when I was contemplating stopping early, I am graced with a Jurassic Park power mix. Does it get better?! Also on the list: Pink Panther, Indiana Jones, Superman, Harry Potter and Hook. I may have a new favorite running playlist.

What are some of your favorite workout tunes?

No comments:

Post a Comment