Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

In Which I Learn Something Great

Today I learned the days I enjoy my run the most are the days I want it least.

What with work and the unreasonable heat this week, I haven't run since Monday and was really not looking forward to it, but I knew I needed to get out and go before it was too late. If I waited much longer, I might lose my motivation entirely. So, I forced myself out the door this morning thinking I would just slog through it best I could and not concern myself with distance or pace.

Surprisingly, I felt so good once I got going! I am on Week 3 of C25K, alternating 1.5/1.5 and 3/3. I actually ended up doing 2/1.5 and 3.5/3 because I was on such a roll, I forgot to check my watch. I also tagged on an extra 4 minute jog before my cool down, just for fun - and I never thought I would be a person who runs "just for fun"!!! Altogether, 2.3mi at 13'25" per mile.

Have you ever done something out of necessity and found you really enjoyed it? You should try it, it feels great!

1 comment:

  1. I experience the same things. I've not met the 5K portion of C25K yet, but I am still getting out there. The heat is killer even for us Disney parade veterans. I've thrown in some bikram yoga for the unspekably hot days where being outside is just too much. Keep up the great work. Maybe we can run the 2014 Disney Marathon together.

    ReplyDelete