Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Week 2 Day 2

Today I tried something different. Usually I am an afternoon runner, I like to go out just before dinner when I can. Mainly because I am an evening shower-er, I love to take a shower at the end of the day to rinse off all the sweat and tears my day may have brought me. However, that's not always convenient. This morning I knew I needed to shower before work and I don't like to take multiple showers in a day as my hair and skin get dried and damaged so easily. So I decided to try going for a run first thing in the morning. Stella and I got up just before 7am and headed out the door.

I learned that I really do not like running first thing in the morning. I was yawning and stumbling, and my stomach was growling. I was way less focused which really messed up my breathing. My biggest obstacle has been controlling my breath, my legs can run so much farther than my lungs! Being half asleep got in the way of my careful concentration and I found myself wheezing much more than usual. Now I know and I will stick to my afternoon/evening running as much a possible! 


Today was Day 2 of our second week, we ran 2.7mi at an average of 13'54" per mile. We're getting faster and stronger which I'm pretty proud of and Stella is starting to get a lot more comfortable running in the bike lane, thank goodness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment