Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Run Free

I stepped out the door this morning, started my warm-up walk, looked at my watch only to realize I had left my watch on the nightstand. Rather than turn around, I decided to run free today. It ended up being the best decision I've made all week! Today I did my first 5K, ran my longest continuous distance of almost 1.5 miles, and had my best over-all pace of  11'59"! It felt great while I was out there, just listening to my body and telling my mind to shut up.

The best part is, all morning - even as I was lacing up my running shoes - I was trying to convince myself not to run this morning, to put it off til tomorrow... So glad that voice was not persuasive enough, I might have missed out on an epic run and a great start to my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment